- Minitube focuses on a pleasing overall experience, not on having tons of features. Anyway here’s a list:
- Channel subscriptions without using a YouTube account
- Find missing parts of a multipart video
- Sort videos by relevance, date, view count and rating
- Filter videos by publication date, video duration and video quality
- Choose the maximum video resolution up to 1080p
- Editable playlist: drag’n’drop and remove videos
- Search by keyword, channel name or paste a YouTube link. Suggestions while typing.
- Spell suggestions: “Did you mean…”
- Remembers recent keywords and channels. These can be cleared if needed.
- YouTube feeds: “Most Popular”, “Featured”, etc.
- YouTube categories: “Music”, “Games”, etc.
- Related videos
- Compact mode: a small, always-on-top window
- Fullscreen mode: mouse cursor, toolbar and playlist autohide
- Float on top
- Stop after this video option
- Copy YouTube link to clipboard
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, Buffer and via email
- Translated to more than 30 languages including German, French, Italian, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew and Chinese.
>>Available for Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid/14.10 Utopic/14.04 Trusty/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 17.1/17/13
To install MiniTube in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
|sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps|
|sudo apt-get update|
|sudo apt-get install libqtgui4 libqt4-xml libqt4-network libqt4-dbus phonon-backend-vlc|
|sudo apt-get install minitube|
If you get any video playback issues then remove some packages with following command:
|sudo apt-get remove phonon-backend-xine phonon-backend-gstreamer|