Once installed, your computer will become a fully functional multimedia jukebox. More than 50 software developers have contributed to Kodi, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 30 languages. It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons. Kodi is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license. It includes many third-party libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some GPLv3.0 libraries the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
Notable changes in Kodi 16.0:
- Start of integration of ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
- Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to improve image quality of images
- Added support for the musicbrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, xiph.
- Add date added to music library and use it for sorting
- Support saving skin settings as add-on data instead of in guisettings.xml
- Image resource add-ons which provides common image libraries than can be used by several skins and add-ons.
- Don’t mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
- Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the albums chronological per artist.
- Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
- Series recording added for PVR
- Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
- Properly handle wired or bluetooth headsets on Android and only use PCM output
- Fix playback of VP9 and VC1 video codecs on Android
- Use best possible icons from other Android apps while browsing these in Kodi
- Enable true 1920×1080 output on AMLogic device without up-scaling
- Add Korean, Chinese and Czech keyboards
- Add multi-touch support for Linux platform
- Improve touch-screen keymapping
- The item that you had previously chosen will now be selected in the selection list instead of just starting at the top of the list
- Decouple Kodi and system volume on Android which removes the double audio volume slider
- Karaoke support has been completely removed as it wasn’t functional
- Various PVR fixes and improvements
- Various improvements to the music section
- Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement existing tablet gestures.
- The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
- Add stereoscopic depth for Confluence skin
- Extended support for browsing movies by country and through UPnP as well as user-ratings which we be added in future versions.
- And many more fixes & changes.
How to Install Kodi 16.0 Jarvis:
Kodi 16.0 Available for Ubuntu 15.10 Wily/16.04 Xenial/14.04 Trusty/Linux Mint 17.x/17/other related Ubuntu derivatives, Kodi 14.2 Helix is available for Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 13
To install Kodi 16.0 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
Addons (such as PVR) available for Kodi, use package name with sudo apt-get install command to install addon.
|PVR Package Name||Description|
|kodi-pvr-dev||Kodi Media Center (PVR Add-on Dev package)|
|kodi-pvr-argustv||Kodi PVR Addon Argustv|
|kodi-pvr-demo||Kodi PVR Demo Addon|
|kodi-pvr-dvbviewer||Kodi PVR Addon Dvbviewer|
|kodi-pvr-iptvsimple||Kodi PVR Iptv Addon|
|kodi-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver||Kodi PVR Addon Mediaportal Tvserver|
|kodi-pvr-mythtv||Kodi PVR Addon MythTv – Cmyth|
|kodi-pvr-nextpvr||Kodi PVR Addon NextPvr|
|kodi-pvr-njoy||Kodi PVR Addon Njoy|
|kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts||Kodi PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts|
|kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi||Kodi PVR Addon VDR Vnsi|
|kodi-pvr-vuplus||Kodi PVR Addon Vuplus|
|kodi-pvr-vbox||VBox Home TV Gateway PVR client|
|shairplay||Free portable AirPlay server implementation|
Kodi is now available for Android.
What do you say about this great release?