We are happy to announce a maintenance release of the latest Manjaro-Lxqt Community edition
LXQt is one of the lighter desktops (written in QT5 and based on Openbox) for those who seek speed or have older computers with limited resources, but is still very complete.
Latest Manjaro-Tools (0.11.6) and stable repositories were used to create the ISO files.
The 32 bit version is CD-sized and needs 300 MB for installation with Calamares.
- kernel 4.4.10 LTS, Manjaro settings manager, sddm, plymouth, octopi, compton, plank (64bit)
- pcmanfm-qt, gimp, lximage-qt
firefox (64bit) otter-browser (32bit), hexchat, transmission-qt
- abiword, qpdfview, gnumeric (64bit), leafpad
mpv, smplayer, pulseaudio (64bit) clementine qt5 (32bit)
- gparted, qisousb, lxtask, xsensors
- capture tool + key Print Screen configured for taking screenshots (also with Alt or Shift)
xscreensaver (64bit) i3lock-shiver (32bit)
- AUR support
This release comes with our advanced graphical installer Calamares as well as our CLI-installer.
Great effort has been made to avoid:
- Kde tools
- mplayer/mplayer2 (replaced by mpv)
In order to achieve that some utilities were specifically developed:
Other tools, themes and icons are available in the manjaro-lxqt repository (maintained by the community).