Coinciding with the first full day of competitive events at the 2016 Olympic Games, Apple this morning launched a special section of the App Store showcasing official Rio 2016 apps and games. The section reads:
The Olympics unite the world in celebration of struggle and triumph. They’re where legends are born and impossible feats come true. With the official apps, games and music, you can follow the excitement of this year’s events — and relive the glory again and again.
Three apps are currently featured – one made especially for competing athletes – and two games are also listed to help younger viewers celebrate the sporting occasion:
- The Olympics – Official App: News. Highlights. Records. Unforgettable moments. An invaluable guide to Rio and Games past.
- Olympic Athlete’s Hub 2016: Made for competitors, this app offers helpful tips, resources, and a way to connect with fellow athletes.
- Rio 2016: Get the official schedule, real-time results, medal counts, and the latest on Olympic and Paralympic sports.
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: Go for gold against other players in six fast-action minigames, including tennis and archery.
- Rio 2016: Vinicius Run: Dash through colorful forests and beaches as Vinicius, Rio’s cheerful mascot. How far can you get?
Part of its “Shot on iPhone” campaign, the ad is called “The Human Family” and uses words from famous poet Maya Angelou to celebrate diversity around the world.
Discuss this article in our forums