I am happy to announce another Stable Update.
Stay tuned for the cooperation we started with Tuxedo Computers!
Some might noticed that since the #snapcraftsummit a lot of package changes went into Manjaro and our available RCs. XFCE and Gnome will come with Gnome-Software and our KDE edition has Discover, both with snap support enabled.
This way everybody can easily access the snap store by a click and don’t has to hassle to get snaps enabled. This enables us to ship even more proprietary software, which we couldn’t before. For example check out on how you may install Spotify on Manjaro.
This update holds the following changes:
- most of our Kernels got updated. Some of them got already built with gcc 9.1. All EOL kernels got removed!
- KDE Plasma is now at 5.16.2
- Nvidia driver got update to 430.26
- Mesa is now at 19.1.1
- Texlive got it’s first 2019 update
- apparmor got his own profiles package, which ships those in complain mode.
- Kodi got updated to 18.3
- Systemd gained more stable patches. Report any issues you may have with it.
- Pamac is now at its v8.0 release series
- updates to XFCE 4.14-pre2
- amdvlk got updated to its latest release
- more updates to our KDE-Git branch
- Octopi gained more features and fixes
- Firefox-Dev and Thunderbird got updated
- usual Haskell and Python updates
- Manjaro Juhraya ISOs got updated, including snap support pre-activated: XFCE, KDE, Gnome
Give us the usual feedback and let us know what you think about this update.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.69
- linux44 4.4.183 (no legacy nvidia-340 module!)
- linux49 4.9.183
- linux414 4.14.130
- linux419 4.19.56
- linux51 5.1.15
- linux52 5.2-rc6 (few extramodules build, but not all yet!)
- linux419-rt 4.19.50_rt22
- linux50-rt 5.0.21_rt14
Package Updates (Sun Jun 30 06:44:09 CEST 2019)
- testing community x86_64: 481 new and 476 removed package(s)
- testing core x86_64: 7 new and 7 removed package(s)
- testing extra x86_64: 97 new and 102 removed package(s)
- testing multilib x86_64: 3 new and 3 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package updates may be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: