I am happy to announce an along waited for stable update Mostly we have KDE and Mesa packages and needed security fixes for Firefox and Thunderbird with this one.
Some might noticed that since the #snapcraftsummit a lot of package changes went into Manjaro and our available RCs. Also we didn’t yet announce 18.1.0-rc3 officially yet. We are still polishing the snap experience for our users. XFCE and Gnome will come with Gnome-Software and our KDE edition has Discover, both with snap support enabled.
This way everybody can easily access the snap store by a click and don’t has to hassle to get snaps enabled. This enables us to ship even more proprietary software, which we couldn’t before. For example check out on how you may install Spotify on Manjaro.
This update holds the following changes:
- Most of our Kernels got updated
- Octopi is now at the latest git-commit. Report back of any regressions.
- Calamares got needed security fixes. If you want to use luks encryption, we strongly recommend 18.1-rc4 or later!
- Latest version of Firefox and Wine
- Plasma5 is now at 5.16.3
- KDE Apps are now at 19.04.3
- KDE Frameworks is now at 5.60
- some of XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon packages got updated
- A new LibreOffice release is out
- Latest version of Mesa got added
- Firefox is now at 68.0 – This got also pushed to our stable branch.
- Thunderbird is now at 60.8
- Some regular package updates like Haskell, Evolution and Xorg
- Latest efforts by KDE can be reviewed via our current KDE-Dev ISO
- Manjaro Juhraya ISOs got updated, including snap support pre-activated: XFCE, KDE, Gnome
Give us the usual feedback and let us know what you think about this update.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.70
- linux44 4.4.185 (no legacy nvidia-340 module!)
- linux49 4.9.185
- linux414 4.14.133
- linux419 4.19.59
- linux51 5.1.18
- linux52 5.2.1 (no catalyst module!)
- linux419-rt 4.19.50_rt22
- linux50-rt 5.0.21_rt16
Package Updates (Tue Jul 16 07:25:33 CEST 2019)
- stable community x86_64: 1020 new and 1016 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 35 new and 34 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 739 new and 832 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 16 new and 16 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes may be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: