Here’s a snapshot of everyday life in 2022 summed up in a single SEO statistic. When ten people search Google on their smartphone, six of those people will go on to contact that business directly.
What does this mean for you? It means SEO is no longer a nice-to-have. It’s a business necessity.
SEO investment starts with having the right tools and software to keep your business rankings where they should be. So we’ve put together this guide to the top five SEO tools for websites you need to know about in 2022.
Ahrefs is a fantastic all-rounder for SEO research and one of the most popular tools on the market. The tool’s core features include:
- An SEO performance dashboard
- Competitor research
- Keyword rankings tool and tracker
- Keyword research tool
- SEO site audit tool
- Content ideas tool
Ahrefs starts from $99 a month, but for more extensive enterprise packages (suitable for SEO agencies with numerous clients), you’ll pay $999 a month.
Tools like Ahrefs are a helpful way to boost your site’s domain authority. What is domain authority? Head to that link to find out more.
2. Google Console
Google should be your first source for help when figuring out SEO. After all, their platform determines your rankings, and they want you to do well! On top of that, the Google console is free. In the console, you can:
- Ask Google to crawl your site
- Check that your content is appropriately indexed
- View traffic performance data
- View search query performance
- Get notified of site problems that could damage your SEO, such as usability or mobile issue
- It lists external backlinks to your site
You can see from this list that Google console is more technical and helps get your site performing correctly, rather than competitively. But superb site performance is the foundation for any effective SEO strategy.
SEMRush is a keyword research tool, but take one look at their comprehensive dashboard, and you’ll soon realize that this tool offers everything you might need in an SEO software platform. It includes:
- Keyword research tool
- On-page SEO site audit tool
- Local SEO support
- Competitor analysis
- A dashboard to track your keyword rankings and other SEO metrics
- Find link building opportunities
SEMrush starts at $119 for their basic package. They also offer a free trial to new signups.
Yoast is the favorite SEO software for millions of WordPress site administrators worldwide. This plugin, which comes with a free basic package, will help you optimize the SEO on your WordPress website. Features include:
- Keyword optimization for your site and individual pages
- Check for dead links
- Preview social media sharing
- SEO quality scores for your blog posts
- Yoast SEO academy for search engine training
The basic package provides access to the keyword optimization features. For the rest of the features, you’ll need to pay for their premium package.
5. Moz Pro
Our final tool comes courtesy of Moz, one of the most comprehensive SEO training resources. The Moz pro tool offers:
- Keyword research
- A keyword tracking tool
- Site audit tools to check your technical performance and alert you to issues that might negatively impact your SEO
- Content and page optimization
- A link discovery tool including competitor analysis
Moz offers similar pricing to similar SEO software, starting at $99 a month for their basic package. They also offer a free trial.
The Best SEO Tools for Websites
Don’t get caught behind your competitors when trying to rank on Google. By investing in the best SEO tools for websites, you’ll equip yourself with the data and know-how to maintain that lucrative top spot on Google.
Why not learn more about the newest SEO strategies by visiting our latest tutorials?