RELEASE DATE: Summer 2009
PUBLISHERS: Eidos, Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
DEVELOPER: Rocksteady Studios
ESRB RATING: Rating Pending
GENRE: Third-Person Action Adventure
PLATFORMS: Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 Computer Entertainment System, Games For Windows
Based on the core Batman license, Batman: Arkham Asylum will launch worldwide on Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC in Summer 2009. In Batman: Arkham Asylum, the Dark Knight takes on his greatest challenge yet when he becomes trapped with all of his most dangerous villains inside the insane asylum of GOTHAM CITY – ARKHAM ASYLUM!
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum –Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme. Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story penned exclusively for the game by famous Batman author and five-time Emmy award winner, Paul Dini, whose credits include Lost season one and Batman: The Animated Series.
With amazing graphics and a moody, immersive setting, Batman: Arkham Asylum offers diverse gameplay options that push the envelope for all action, adventure and superhero games.
• Utilize the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker’s henchmen in brutal melee brawls
• Investigate as Batman, the WORLD’S GREATEST DETECTIVE, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, ‘Amido Black’ spray and a pheromone tracker
• Face off against Gotham’s greatest villains including The Joker, HARLEY QUINN, VICTOR ZSASZ and KILLER CROC
• Become the Invisible Predator with Batman’s fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies
• Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action.
• Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety
• Experience what it’s like to be BATMAN using BATARANGS, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher
• Unlock more secrets by completing hidden challenges in the world and develop and customize equipment by earning experience points
• Enjoy complete superhero freedom in the environment with the use of Batman’s grapple to get to any place you can see, jump from any height and glide in any direction